What to do in Sesto Fiorentino – why to choose the surroundings of Florence for your holidays?
Several reasons to propose…
Sesto Fiorentino is a pretty town of about 50.000 inhabitants, the 3rd most populated city in the metropolitan city of Florence. It is part of the Florence-Prato-Pistoia area, easily reachable by car from the A1 and A11 motorways (Calenzano- Sesto Fiorentino exit), by bus and also by train (Firenze-Prato-Bologna line).
In Sesto Fiorentino station, about 10 minutes walk from the city center, regional trains stop covering the Pistoia-Prato-Florence-Pontassieve-Montevarchi network with very frequent trips during the day from 5am to 24h
From the Sesto Fiorentino train station you can reach the main train station of Florence, Santa Maria Novella, in 12 minutes.
Among the activities to suggest between Florence and Sesto Fiorentino :
- Tennis club La Limonaia
- Toscano Horse riding center at Cascine Park, 9 km
- Golf Club Parco di Firenze, 13 km
- Tastings of wine, extra virgin olive oil and other tuscan products
- Guided tours in Chianti, Montalcino, Montepulciano
- Guided tours in Florence – the historic centre and the main museums
- Richard Ginori Museum in Sesto Fiorentino – well known for its porcelains
- Mountain bike tours around Florence, with wine tasting at Farmhouse
- Tuscan cooking classes
- Vespa tour or Chianti tour in 500 vintage car
- Segway tour in the historic centre of Florence
- Boat trips on the Arno river (from April to September)
- Hot air ballon tour from Bagno a Ripoli, 31 km
- Paragliding and hang-gliding in Reggello, 54 km
The town of Sesto Fiorentino offers a not frenetic nightlife among locals, pubs, restaurants and pizzerias at excellent value for money.
Where to stay? Some good hospitality tips are available at this link