What to do in Foiano della Chiana
What to do in Foiano della Chiana – Italian town of about 9500 inhabitants in the province of Arezzo. Foiano della Chiana stands on a low hill of the Val di Chiana at 318 mt a.s.l. and 28 km south from Arezzo.
The municipality of Foiano della Chiana, which goes south to the Val di Chiana Senese is a lively agricultural (cereals, wine and tobacco) and commercial center.
How to get there
Foiano della Chiana is well connected and easily accessible both by car or by train.
By car : take the A1 motorway, exit at Valdichiana/ Bettolle/ Sinalunga and continuing on the SS327 you arrive in Foiano della Chiana
By train : you can reach the Arezzo train station and then continue with the Arezzo-Sinalunga line to the Foiano della Chiana stop
By plane : the nearest airport is Perugia at 60 km. Florence airport is at 90 km and Pisa airport at about 160 km
Foiano is well known for its Carnival, one of the most famous and ancient Italian carnivals (dating back to 1539).
Apart from the Carnival, Foiano della Chiana offers many other interesting and enjoyable activities :
- Outlet shopping at the Valdichiana outlet, 2 km
- Various events and festivals in fine weather
- Tuscan cooking classes
- Visit Lucignano, about 10 km, famous for its museums and castles
- Visit Cortona, about 25 km away, well known for its style and archaeological site
- Visit Castiglion Fiorentino, about 19 km away, know for its museums and castles
- Guided tours to Arezzo and surroundings
- Wine and food tasting tours in Montepulciano, about 18 km
- Visit Pienza, 30 km
- Visit Montalcino, about 45 km
- Wellness treatments at Terme di Rapolano, 27 km away
- Golfing (ca 30 drive’ minutes)
- Tennis or riding lessons
- Visit the Regional Park of Lake Trasimeno, 30 km away
A relaxing holiday in the heart of Tuscany, full of fun and discovery of ancients values, colors and flavors.Tags: activities in valdichiana, foiano della chiana, Holidays in Tuscany, Tuscany holidays, valdichiana holidays, visit valdichiana, what to do in foiano della chiana