Things to do in Pescia – Collodi : why to choose this area of Tuscany, in the province of Pistoia?
The city of Pescia is located at the north-western limit of the Valdinievole, a short distance from the province border with Lucca. Pescia is known for floriculture, for the flower trade (see carnation), the production of paper, for the hamlet of Collodi (with its Pinocchio Park and Villa Garzoni) and for the Palio dei Rioni (shooting competition with the arch with historical cortege that is held there every first Sunday of September).
The climate you can live in Pescia and its surroundings is certainly cooler than in Florence, up to 10 degrees of difference.
Among the monuments and places of interest in Pescia and surroundings, we point out:
- The Palazzo del Vicario (13th and 14th centuries), the current seat of the town hall
- Villa Sismondi (seat of the municipal library)
- Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta
- Church of San Francesco, in Gothic style
- the Paper Museum in Pietrabuona
- Pinacoteca di San Michele
- Villa Garzoni (dating back to the 16th century), in Collodi
- the Old Flower Market
In the hamlet of Collodi, in addition to the Villa Garzoni, there is the Pinocchio Park designed by Pietro Porcinai.
For those who like trekking, in the Pesciatino area there are the 10 castles of Pietrabuona, Medicina, Fibbialla, Aramo, San Quirico, Castelvecchio, Stiappa, Pontito, Sorana and Vellano: locations that are perched on the pre-Apennine hills and famous like the “Svizzera Pesciatina” for the similarity with the Swiss mountains.
Other activities to be carried out:
- Colleviti Tennis Club, 2.3 km
- Pescia swimming pool, 2.4 km
- Equestrian Center Marilla – Capannori, 16 km
- San Minato Golf Club, 34 km
5 km from Pescia is the hamlet of Collodi, a medieval village dating back to the 12th century.
If you opt for pleasant walks, it will certainly be an opportunity to circulate on the Via della Fiaba, just 1.6 km away and enjoy all around attractions, clubs and restaurants.
Pescia and its surroundings present a series of events and festivals during the summer you cannot miss…
The location is well suited for continuing to other amazing locations, such as:
- Uzzano, 3.2 km
- Collodi, 5 km
- Borgo a Buggiano, 5 km
- Montecatini Terme, 10 km
- Monsummano Terme, 16 km
- Montecatini Alto, 13.7 km
- Lucca, 20 km
- Pistoia, 31 km
- Zoological Garden – Pistoia, 33 km
- Terme Bagni di Lucca, 37 km
- Abetone, 52 km
- Pisa, 54 km
- Massaciùccoli Lake, 54 km
- Florence, 65 km
WHERE TO STAY IN PESCIA-COLLODI?
Visit our page dedicated to Holidays in Lucca and surroundings