The Best of Tuscany Tour
If you book your next holiday in one of the apartments we promote in Florence or nearby, we can support you by reserving a full-day tour.
This time we talk about the Best of Tuscany Tour, which is a full-day guided coach trip from Florence!
Following is the program proposed for you :
- Visit Siena
View Siena through the eyes of a local as you join a guided walking tour through the medieval city made up of yellow-ochre buildings, terracotta rooftops and green shutters. Learn about the world’s oldest bank, see and take shots of Piazza del Campo, the site of the 600 year old Palio horserace and admire the interior of the Duomo, a treasure chest of artworks. But also… enjoy Siena at your own pace with free time for shopping or relaxing somewhere.
- A tuscan lunch at a Chianti vineyard
Next visit an organic family run wine estate. Visit the Farm, enjoy an informal wine tasting lesson and a traditional tuscan Lunch with plenty of wine, in the most gorgeous location overlooking stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Meet fellow travellers while feasting on fresh organic farm food of homemade pasta, cured meats (homemade prosciutto and salami), local cheeses, a real garden salad and Tuscan biscotti (cantucci).
- San Gimignano
After lunch you visit the enchanting hilltop town of San Gimignano where you have free time to roam the cobble stone streets and small squares, browse the local shops, try a delicious gelato and walk among the town’s famous medieval towers.
- Scenic country drive and Pisa
A scenic drive through classic Tuscan countryside will take you to your final stop, Pisa. Nice location to take a close inspection of the Leaning Tower, visit the Cathedral or the Baptistery. A brief tour of the historic heart of Pisa will show you another side of the city.
This beautiful Tour includes :
- A professional guide during all day
- Entry fees of Siena’s Duomo (or in alternative Santa Maria della Scala museum)
- Free time to explore the towns by yourself
- Farmhouse lunch served at an organic winery and farm
- Wine tasting of four wines including Chianti, Vernaccia and Tuscan dessert wine, Vin Santo
- Many chats and all the information you may need
- For those who want to experience climbing the Leaning Tower, it is possible to provide the tickets (NOT included)